This is one of my all time favorite recipes. It’s great for the summer, and the ingredients are very basic and simple. Tastes just as delicious as the real thing, but way fewer calories. Try making it this 4th of July, and let us know what you think about it! This is definitely easy to follow, and I hope you enjoy! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, and happy 4th!
Do you have any suggestions on how to make it better? What is your favorite desert recipe?
To print this recipe click here.
- Add the chopped peaches and honey to a medium saucepan. Simmer on low just until the honey easily incorporates into the peaches and peach juices. Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice and stir until combined. Strain the juice out of the peaches into a bowl and set aside. Put the peaches in a small bowl and store in the refrigerator for later.
- In a large bowl, mix bananas, almond milk, and agar-agar until well combined.
- Add the reserved peach juice and stir until combined.
- Freeze ice cream:
– If you have an ice cream maker, add the almond milk mixture to it and freeze according to manufacturer instructions.
– If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a standard loaf pan and place in the freezer. Remove and stir around every hour, breaking up icy chunks. This is in place of the churning from the ice cream maker.
- When the ice cream has stiffened, but not quite done yet, add the reserved peaches from the refrigerator.
– If using the freezer method, do not add the peaches yet. Wait until the ice cream is pretty much done, then transfer it to the bowl of a high-powered blender or food processor. Process until the ice cream is nice and creamy, then mix in the peaches and follow the steps below. Put back in the freezer to firm back up before serving.
- When the ice cream is ready, transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer or eat right away (right away is best).
- Try to eat within 1 week, same day, if possible. If stored too long, it will get too hard and start to crystallize.